4.26.2011

Hip Hop April

I will admit that I love Spring.  And the buzz.  And the prep for Easter. Warning: sleep deprivation will occur as a result.

Because regardless if your child is 2 or 47, you know that they swell on your wave of love when they receive an extra special gift.  And that appreciation outweighs every minute of lost sleep.  


Hey, if you can survive a newborn, a few hours of lost sleep is nothing! 
Ah, sewing for Baby Naia late into the night.
April seemed like such a wonderful long month.  Maybe because Easter was so late or because Spring temperatures refused to appear. Regardless, it gave us extra time to play.  April Showers bring May Flowers and the most enormous puddles.

Maddie and Jude are growing leaps and bounds.  They are such a team.

And just look at this mug.


::
I love the return of extended evenings filled with delayed dinners, moon bouncing (thanks Missy and Pete!), and warm light.

And the sound of one little girl running away with Daddy chasing close behind.


She cracks me up.
::
I am amazed that Alex can be terrified of the Easter Bunny in the mall-based setting (she prefers to admire him from 30' away). But when she gets to the church event, Alex's defenses dissolve and she conversing with her new BFF.  Yes, she was asked to move along so that others could sit on BR's lap.
Anyone notice the recurring Dorothy outfit?




I appreciate how she can take a moment of washing her hands at the sink and turn it into an adventure. The progression is entertaining, seeing that my child is currently opposed to bath time.

One afternoon I caught her asleep on the couch, appearing to be reading Peter Pan.

But from the other side, she looked more like this.

And Buddy also likes to nap, but sometimes that's dangerous with an alert child.
Don't the potty stickers look nice?

::
Finally Easter arrived. It was a stunning (dry & sunny) day spent with family and close friends.

The girl loves the dog.  And the dog loves the girl.  And the girl was and is happy. 

On Monday morning, Ben found Buddy belly up with Alex draped across his entire body, giving him an enormous bear hug.  I think Buddy finally trusts her.

After an amazing meal at Mark & Shannon's, Shannon was thoughtful enough to give the children one last egg hunt.

For Nate, it was a virgin experience and ultimately less about the thrill of the hunt.


He's darn cute. But then again, so is she.










1 comment:

boatbaby said...

Oh I adore all of your easter / spring moments! I can't believe Zach posed with the Easter Bunny - hilarious! He never told me about that part of the outing. I LOVE the photo of A passed out with the book. So sweet! I know -- I still owe you my pics... I am so behind.