4.03.2011

Springing Forward

It's (almost) Easter.  I'm on the verge of going nuts decorating. Gardening. Crafting. Sewing. Eating mini eggs. Mmmmm…mini eggs.


Peeps.  Gotta love them.  Especially the felt variety.
And the melange of felt eggs hanging from the kitchen window makes me yearn to break open the Paas dye kit every single morning.  


Of course, Alex believes that the Bunny has been stopping by our house to leave those little ditties. 


And these little ditties too.  


The rabbit left a few eggs, new pajamas, a cup, gardening tools, and a special little note just for her.


I realize this is the age (~3) when she will remember snippets of life.  Memories etching daily.  I want to make seasons extra special, grooving moments deep in her mind. 
And satisfying my other baby is not that hard.  Insert one beautiful afternoon with one tennis ball.



My favorite shot.  This boy knows that white man can't jump, but stumpy dogs can.


::
My raised bed arrived this week and I successfully relocated plants and set up the bed between a napping toddler and waves of strong thunderstorms.  
I was a complete mud-puddle, but loved every moment. Tomorrow: dirt, manure, peat moss, compost, & seeds.  Hopefully the potato bags and potato starts will arrive this week. I am venturing on my virgin harvest with my girl in tow.

::
Last week, we went with friends to the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.  It was cold and windy, but stunning. I'm so grateful to have this resource right around the corner.




And Alex and Enzo enjoyed making impressions on t-shirts.  
















She chose a turtle.  Enzo, a Rockfish (local stripped bass).


The result? One lovely loved pink turtle.








And I adore their friendship.  It's so simple.


::
Lastly, Cindy and I attempted to make flower bombs to give this holiday.  It's equal parts worm castings (aka worm pooh) and clay mixed with seeds and a touch of water.  Messy.  Very messy.  But I was in my element - part gardening, part (almost) cooking.


Lollipop, anyone?


And now it's time to get back to springing forward.  Smell ya later.


-J

4 comments:

boatbaby said...

my lawyers will be contacting you
:)

Karen said...

Love the Peeps -Allergy free!
Did you make them?

Happiness is... said...

Karen - I did make those. :) Give me coffee and I'll give you my ancient Chinese secret.

Messy Missy said...

Seed bombs, great idea!! Envious of the Easter decorations!! Can't wait to see in person.