11.09.2011

Bring me a Bucket (List)

I came across a post entitled "You are Already Naked" on the blog Dig This Chick, and Nici talked about how Today's Mama is challenging people to come up with 15 items on their bucket list. So, I took the bait because honestly I like lists.  Not shopping lists, but goals.  I like to think about goals, to work towards them, to achieve them, and more importantly to change or remove them.  I'm a big believer that life is an adventure in evolution, and a bucket list is one of those ways to help us become who we want to be.  So anyway, here are 15 items off the top of my head in no particular order:
1) Get a culinary degree. (This has been on my list since college, but I'll take an overall degree instead of an emphasis in fine baking.)
2) Visit New Zealand with my daughter and husband and good friends who are from the country.
3) Get a motorcycle license.
4) RV in a retro Airstream across the country.
5) Learn to play guitar.
6) Learn to crochet.
7) Try snowboarding.
8) Go to a lodge in the middle of winter.  Exhaust myself with the best sledding/tubing around and then recover in front of a roaring fire with a good book or good company.
9) Visit Salzburg, Austria and sing "The Sound of Music" while twirling on a green mountain top.
10) Continually find inspiration in the everyday.
11) Take Alex back to Baker, Oregon and show her the family house still on the Oregon Trail. Teach her about our heritage as settlers, cowboys, and gold miners.
12) Learn to preserve food.
13) Make Cheese from scratch.  Feta & Mozzarella. 
14) Learn to weld. Yes, I want to learn all sorts of ways to fuse metal. 
15) Always feed my desire to constantly learn and grow as a person, as a human being, as a mother and wife, as a friend and family member.

Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Interested? Head over to Today's Mama to get the details.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I think you forgot one... Swim in the South China Sea and watch the monkeys climb in the trees.

Otherwise it is an excellent list. When you get to culinary school, I would be happy to help you with your homework.

boatbaby said...

Alright guitar and making cheese we have in common - we need to DO IT! This winter?
Mine is pretty simple and has been since I was a wee girl... see the world. All of it. Make lots of friends along the way.