1.14.2011

Yesternight



"Yesternight" is Alex's newest addition to the English Language. Chew on that, Mrs. Palin. And Yesternight I took Alex Ice Skating for the first time. Outside of the 20 degree weather, I was very excited - not as excited as I was for her birth - but for an ex-skater, I have dreamed of this moment before she was conceived.

It took Alex less than 5 minutes to toddle around the locker room by herself without twisting, tripping, or dropping like a wet noodle. (strong ankles? check.)























And once we got out on the ice, she did it. Sort of. I realized that I am parentally biased, but I was beaming with pride. She laughed, giggled at any bit of speed, and kicked her toes up in the air with glee.























After 35 minutes and one Zamboni pass, Alex was finished. And after 35 minutes of squatting to spare my back, my thighs and rump were pretty much toast too.

Post skating adventures in the lodge proved more exciting than the rink. Seriously, why does a child need a toy with batteries when there are 100 lockers at her disposal?
















Happiness is...savoring the little moments with my little girl.

4 comments:

boatbaby said...

awesome skating adventure moments! Go Alex! I love the new header, you will be a Picnik junkie now
:)

Karen said...

Love it! Empty lockers are a playground unto themselves. I remember when Amy was her age and loved the word "yater" - used when ever she didn't want to to something. "No, I do it yater".

Karen said...

Oh! I just discovered the video link - LOL!!!!
Nice Touch :)

dig this chick said...

Hi Jennifer from Annapolis,

I love that you went skating! I have been wanting to take Margot...you just pushed me to do it soon. Especially since our winter wonderland is a soupy mess...it'd be nice to go inside and slide around.

xo
dig