2.23.2011

Knitting from the Soule

I took a well-deserved day off on Friday, which just happened to be an unseasonably warm day full of blue skies and cool breezes.  Calculated?  You bet.


I dropped my sewing machine off for it's (eh-hem, overdue) annual tune-up.  And what I found is that crossing over the threshold of the sewing shop is similar to stepping into a confessional.  I admitted that my machine is chocked-full of lint from fleece, felt, felted sweaters, and terry cloth towels.  "Father forgive me for I have sewn."  LOL.  An employee at the store was trying to sell me on the concept that I really should purchase a second machine so that I don't experience separation anxiety.  Seriously?  If I purchase a second machine = spend a few thousand dollars = Ben will be purchase a second motorcycle = spend a few more thousands of dollars. Thank you, but NO thank you.


Once I left Tomorrow's Treasures, I ventured over to Michaels to pick out some yarn, and later that night, I searched Soule Mama looking for both a pattern and a handful of Amanda's mad knitting energy. I found the perfect pattern on Ravelry*. It's called the Hurricane.  Check out the motion within this hat.   
And I was so inspired by the pattern, that I captured some of that mad energy and finished the hat off in no time.  It's perfect for a Salty Dog or two. 


*If you don't know what Raverly is and you knit, you must check it out.  It is the most amazing site to store and to share patterns with others!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the hat. I'm a knitter too and I'll have to check out that website...Thanks so much for sharing :-)

boatbaby said...

I am amazed at how you whip these things out. Like Naia's little pumpkin hat. The hurricane hat looks awesome. My birthday is coming up... knitting lessons anyone?

Karen said...

Love it! When can I come over for a knitting class? I have knitted hats for everyone I know this year except myself!

The Salty Dogs said...

Karen, the one you made for Jen is gorgeous. You sure you need lessons?